• More than 3 million Americans suffer from glaucoma; 76 million worldwide
• Glaucoma is the #2 leading cause of blindness in the US and 1St among Hispanics
• African American s are 15 times more likely to be visually impaired than whites
• Glaucoma accounts for 9-12% of all cases of blindness in the U.S.
• Approximately 50% of those suffering from glaucoma is unaware they have the disease and therefore remain undiagnosed and untreated
• Glaucoma disqualifies individuals for military service and over a 15-year period, the military disqualified more than 117,000 active service personnel